1. Clean and joint chicken .
2. Wash and slice tomatoes and keep them separate .
3.Peel and slice onions finely .
4 . Grind ginger and garlic and powder garam masala ,if used .
5. In a degchi heat oil or ghee. Fry onions till light brown .
6. Add chicken ,garlic ,ginger , turmeric ,salt and garam masala .
7.Stir well for a few minutes .
8 Add chopped tomatoes and very little water
9. Cook till all water evapotates .
10. Stir till chicken browns and tomatoes and onions are well dissolved .
11.Add more water and continue to cook till chicken is tender and oil comes up .
12. Add tamarind juice and sugar ;simmer and let its gravy chicken .Serve hot . .