1. Chop onions, Roast and grind red chillies, turmeric, cumin and coriander.
2. Grind coconut to a fine paste and mix with spices.
3. Heat oil. Fry onions, add coconut paste and slit green chillies.
4. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes; add chopped tomatoes and suffient water.
5. Soak tamarind in a little water to extract pulp.
6. Clean and cut fish into slices, Wash well; smear withj salt and alittle turmeric.
7. Add fish to simmering gravy.'
8. Add tamarid extract, curry leaves and salt and simmer till fish is cooked.