Bread Tikki is a delicious & healthy snack and mouth watering dish for all. . . The specialty of this being less oil and is too good to taste. . .
1. Cut bread into tiny pieces and make bread crumbs out of it by dry grinding it.
2. Separate one cup of bread crumbs for coating the tikki. Mix the rest of the crumbs with finely chopped onions, tomato, capsicum, grated carrot, beans.
3. Now to the bread and vegetable mixture add chilli powder, garam masala and grated cheese, salt and mix well. The moisture in the vegetables will act as a binder and help to shape the tikkis.
4. Now take hand full of the bread tikki mixture and make it to shape (Just like koftas).
5. Corn flour is mixed with water and kept aside. The corn flour mixture is used to wet coat the tikki. Now the shaped tikkis is rolled once with corn flour and then rolled with bread crumbs. The tikkis are ready for frying.
6. Deep fry tikkis till golden brown on medium flame.
Serve Hot Hot tikkis with Tomato ketchup or Mint chutney. . .
I had loafs of bread at home and idea struck and I made this as an evening snack. . . Very easy and real fun to make... It tastes yummy and for people in diet this is in fact a boon as the recipe is full of vegetables and consumes minimal oil even after deep frying it. . .