This recipe which I'm sharing is very yummy and easy to make. It is very famous in Indian state Karnataka(central) especially village side. Wah chef likes it:)
1. Soak fenugreek and mustard seeds over night or 6-7hrs at least
NOTE: we usually use turmeric root in village sie. so if ur using root then soak 1 root of turmeric along with seeds.
2. Wash n' dry green chillies. cut into half.
3. crush some garlic in ding chuk and keep aside
NOTE: Don't grind garlic
4. Now grind all the ingredients except garlic. 80% smooth.
5. Add salt and adjust according to taste.
6. Now after grinding the chatni now add crushed garlic. and mix well.
7. Take this mixture in a steel container.
8. Take thin white cloth and tightly cover it over steel container.
9. Now keep this chatni in sun light daily. ( 15 days, if you can keep then keep it daily)
10. After some 4-5 days due sun light this chatni will get very nice aroma and its color will change.
11. Don't refrigerate it. You can use this chatni for 2-3 months minimum.
12. As we keep this chatni in sunlight it will not spoil.
13. Now taste chatni with rice and home made ghee. Its wow!!!!
The beauty of this chatni is due to exposure to sun light. Initially it tastes little raw. But later you will enjoy the nice flavor.
In my village back in India, my mother in law prepares this very nicely. And we also get fresh ghee at home. So always love to eat this with rice.