1. Clean chicken but keep whole .
2. Grind the first lot of spices to a fine paste ,mix with a tamarind pulp extracted in half cup water .Marinade chicken in this mixture for about 2 to 3 hours .
3. Grind together ingredients for stuffing to a fine paste and mix with fried chopped giblets .
4.Slice onions and have peeled potatoes .
5. Stuff chicken with ground paste .
6. In a strong pan heat fat .
7.Spread a layer of onion and place chicken on top .Pour marinade mixture over .
8. Surronund with halved potatoes .Dot with fat .
9. Cover tightly ,and seal with dough .Cook in an oven about 350 F til chicken is tender .