1. Grind coriander ,chillies and garam masala into a fine paste .
2.Grind coconut ,cashewnuts ,raisins .
3. Grind garlic ,ginger and raw papaya .Mix with curds and salt . Add lime juice .
4. Wash the leg of mutton .With a pointed knife make several gashes all over .
5. Smear leg with curds mixtture and keep aside for 15 to 30 minutes to allow mixture to seep in .
6. Smear ground chillies and garam masala paste over .
7. Finely smear the cashewnut paste .
8. Put the fat into a strong pan .Add the leg and turn till browned on all sides .Reduce fire to very slow .Cook covered till meat is cooked .Turn frequently .
9. Live coal may be put on the lid to help the cooking .