Shrikhand is a classic Indian sweet dish from Maharashtrian cuisine/ western India made of hung & strained yogurt flavoured with saffron and cardamom.
1. Set milk to make yoghurt but do not rest it out for a long time as the yoghurt should be sweet and sour to make this sweet.
2. Take a muslin cloth and pour in the yoghurt and hang the yogurt for 2 to 3 hours to completely drain all the whey from it.
3. When the whey is completely drained off, take the thick yogurt into a bowl.
4. If you get about 500 gms of yogurt and add in 500 gms of sugar and mix well. Let this sit for about 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator. Add some saffron colour and mix well. Stain this mixture through a strainer, this helps in removing off the milk solids if any.
5. Add cardamom powder and mix well.