1) Mix milk and lemon drops.
2) Mix all the ingredients in one direction with hand or using a beater to make a smooth batter.
3) Consistency of the cake batter should be like idli batter.
4) Close and keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
5) Grease the cake pan with butter or ghee and smear some maida / all purpose flour and pour the cake mix.
6) Preheat the oven for 350 deg.
7) Place the cake pan in the oven.
8) Keep checking every 6-7 min if the cake is baked. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. If the toothpick comes out with crumbs, or clearly shows wet cake batter, the cake is not finished cooking.
9) After 15 - 20 min, remove the cake pan and transfer the cake to a serving plate.
10) Finally you may decorate the cake with icing etc.
You may add vanilla essence, chocolate essence, fruits, dry grpaes, tuty-fruty, raisins or any other ingredients / flavours as per your taste in the cake mix before pouring it into the cake pan.
I learnt this recipe from my grandmother. We coming from a very orthodox family, dont use eggs. And my grandmother came up with this lovely eggless cake. I have won many praises for this. My husband loved it. His colleagues were shocked to know this had no eggs in it. I prepared this cake for my first valentines day after marriage. This is a very simple method of eggless cake. You can add any type of essence to the mixture depending on your taste. I prepared this cake on our first Valentines day after marriage.