This is my mom's recipe and when I make it for my vegetarian friends they really love it. Can be used as Appetizer or evening snack.
First we have to prepare bread stuffing.
1) Boil Potatoes, peel it and mash it.
2) Heat little oil in a pan and add some mustard seeds, chopped green chillies, Onions and curry leaves to it.
3) When onions turn brown, add mashed potatoes to it, Now add salt, red chilly powder and turmeric to it. If you like Amchur, you can also add some Amchur powder to it.
4) Mix well and add coriander leaves before switching off the flame.
Preparation for Mint Chutney:
1) Heat some oil in a pan and add 3 or 4 garlic pods, green chilly to taste and cumin seeds to it., Now add mint leaves and cook it till the raw smell is gone.
2) Blend it in a mixture and add some salt to it.
Preparation for deep:
1) Mix Besan, red chilly powder, salt, turmeric to taste, Ajwain.
2)Add water to this mixture to form a thick batter consistency.
3) Now take the bread and cut the edges from it., Now cut it into triangular shape, so that I bread has to triangular pieces.
4) Now apply mint chutney to one triangular piece and tomato ketchup in other piece., Then stuff it with Potato curry.
5) You will see three colors in this Bread Pakoda. Red, Yellow and green.
6) Now deep the stuffed bread into batter and fry it in medium flame.
7)Remove it and place it in a paper towel to soak extra oil.
8) You can serve it as it is or with tomato ketchup.
9) Cut it from middle to see the three colors of Pakoda.
So your Pakodas are ready to eat, Hmmmm yummy!