1) Heat oil in a heavy-based pot, add the chopped onions and fry the onions until golden brown.
2) Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and fry spices for 2-3 minutes by adding a little water at a time (to prevent from burning.)
3) Add the mutton and continuously stir until all of the water evaporates.
4) Add in the urad lentils. (not the water, the lentils only.) Add 2 glasses of warm fresh water to the lentils and mix. Cover pot on low heat and let the meat cook.
5) When the meat has tenderized and the lentils have softened, add the ginger paste and garam masala powder and mix.
6) Garnish with corriander/cilantro leaves and green peppers and serve with lemon.