|Published||Jun 2, 2008||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Breads||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Dall||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: This is a dosa like delicious dish, which is very special dish in chettinad cuisine.Adai is made of lentils and rice. It is usually prepared for breakfast and is filling and healthier than dosa. also can drumstick leaves to increase the nutritional value. So this adai is rich in iron also. It is very simple to prepare and does not need much planning as for dosa. It goes well with avial, chutney, jaggery and butter.
Recipe of Adai
|Grated Coconut (Optional)||1||Cup|
|Coriander Leaves Chopped||1||Cup|
|Onion Finely Chopped||2||Big|
|Boiled Rice Or Idly Rice||2||Cup|
- Soak the rice and dhal separately for 2 hours.
- First grind the rice, red chillies, jeera and saunf nicely.
- Then grind both the dhalls together but coarsely. add it to the rice paste. add the turmeric powder, finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, salt, Grated coconut and curry leaves.
- mix everything together. add some water to it and make it like a batter.
- Heat the tawa. Grease the tawa. when it is hot pour 2 tbsps of batter and spread it to form a thick circle.
- add some oil in the edges. wait till it gets golden brown and turn it. again add some oil in the edges. take it when it is done.
Posted Jun 2, 2008