|Recipe Type||Non Veg-Main||Preparation Time|
Adaku Pathiri is a very popular dish from the Malabar cuisine. It is a tradition al type of layered rice and egg based dish. Malabar cuisine is famous for its pancakes and steamed rice cakes make from pounded rice.
Recipe of Adaku Pathiri
|Ghee As Required|
- For egg batter, beat the eggs and sugar and add the rest of the ingredients and keep aside.
- For rice batter, mix rice flour, coconut milk, sugar, pinch of salt, cardamom and keep aside.
- Now both the batters are ready for steaming. Take a pressure cooker and pour some water and keep a greased small vessel in it.
- Pour 4-table spoon of rice batter into the greased vessel and steam it till it is done. Spread 1 teaspoon of ghee evenly on the cooked layer. Now pour 2-table spoons of egg batter and steam till done. When egg batter is cooked pour again 4-table spoons of rice batter and steam it. No need to apply ghee on the egg batter.
- It should be applied only on the rice batter. Repeat the layers till both the batters are over. When all batter is over steam it again for 2-3 minutes and switch off the gas.
- Cool and remove from cooker and cut it into desired shapes and serve as a snack. When cut you can see the layers of white and yellow.
Posted Oct 15, 2007