|Published||Oct 29, 2010||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||60 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Rice||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: this is a very traditonal recipe of kerala they make this for all functions its has a very divine taste.Pradhaman is an important item of Kerala Cuisine and a 'must served' one for "Ona Sadhya".
Recipe of adapradaman
|Coconut - For Coconut Milk Pradamanor U Can Use Readymade Milk Powder||1 big or 2 medium ones||Numbers|
|Sugar -||1/2 cup||Numbers|
|Sugar -(for Pal Adai Pradaman)||1 cup||Numbers|
|Raw Rice -||1/2 cup||Numbers|
|Ghee - 2 Tsp||To Fry|
|Cashews Nd Chooped Coconut For Garnishing||Springs|
- For making the batter for ada:- First method:-
- 1)Soak rice for 1 hr, strain very well and dry in a cloth for 2 hrs.
- 2)Grind it to a fine powder in a mixer grinder and sieve through a fine sieve.
- 3)To this, add 2 tsp melted ghee, 2 tsp sugar & medium hot water to get the consistency of dosa batter. Second method:- 1)Soak rice for 1 hr, strain & grind very fine adding water little by little. 2)Add 2 tsp melted ghee & 1 tsp maida & make it to the consistency of dosa
- batter. For making ada:-
- 1)Take plantain leaves & cut them into 6” squares roughly.
- 2)Show them on the gas for a few seconds to make them flexible.
- 3)Boil plenty of water in a big broad vessel like pressure cooker.
- 4)Take 2 tbsp batter and spread on the back side of the leaf.
- 5)Roll it and tie with strings on both ends and immediately drop in boiling water.
- 6)Do this, till the whole batter is used up.
- 7)When they are well cooked, they float on top. :- Alternately, you can steam them 3 or 4 at a time in a steamer.
- 8)Remove, strain and scrape out the adas and wash in plenty of water 3 or 4 times changing the water to remove the stickiness. 9)Chop fine.
- For making coconut milk pradaman:-
- 1)Grate the coconut & take ¼ cup of 1st milk, 1 1/2 cups of 2nd milk and 2 cups of 3rd milk. 2)Heat up the vessel. 3)Add 3rd milk, jaggery and sugar and boil on a medium flame for 10 mins. 4)Add 2nd milk and boil for 5 mins. 5)Add the 3rd milk and remove at once from the stove, stirring thoroughly. 6)Add 1 tsp of cardamom powder and mix well. :- Home made ada is very soft & well worth the trouble of making
while poring coconut milk reduce the flame in to low heat so that it wont get churn if u are adding redaymade milk powder make sure there is no lumps formed
Posted Oct 29, 2010