|Published||Cooking Time||30 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||5 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Almonds/Badam||Standing Time||30 Minutes|
Badam (almond) Burfi is a healthy substitute for candy but is rich in flavor. Almond burfi can be served as dessert or snack.Delicious Badam Fudge or Badam Barfi is a regal dessert but is so easy to make! It is so delicious everybody will think you spent hours slaving over it.
Recipe of Almond Barfi
|Carmond Seeds Crushed||1/2||Tablespoons|
- Soak almonds in cold water for an hour.
- Boil 2 cups water in small sauce pan and add almonds.
- Boil them for a minute. remove almonds from hot water and put them in ice water.
- Take one almond at a time in between your thumb and index finger and squeeze it to remove the skin.(Removing skin is optional/user choice).Repeat with rest of almonds.
- You can eliminate this process if are using almonds without skin. Blend almonds with milk in a blender until it becomes thick paste. Remove the almond paste from the blender into a thick non stick pan and mix with sugar.
- Place the pan on stove in medium heat.Stir continuously with a heat proof spatula until the almond mixture becomes thick. Add little ghee in between until all the ghee is finished. Mix cardamom seeds powder and saffron(if using).Spread almond barfi in a greased plate. Cut in to desired shapes when Barfi is cold