|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time|
Aloo Chokha is a popular north Indian dish especially prepared in the states of Bihar and Jharkhand. It is considered to be one of the most cherished and scrumptious culinary delights which have been feature of Jharkhand for quite sometime.Chokha is a dish prepared with different vegetables which can be with mashed potatoes or mashed eggplants or mashed tomatoes. The three can also be combined as well and prepared. Chokha in general is usually mashed vegetable(s) with fried onions and spices.
Recipe of Aloo Chokha
|Green Chilli||2||To Taste|
|Dried Red Chili||To Taste|
- Cut the potatoes in 1" pieces. Cut the onion thin length wise. Mince the garlic.
- Put oil in a karahi (skillet or bowl). Put the dried red chili, coriander seeds in the oil and let it splutter. Put the onions in the karahi and fry till red. Put the green chili and the garlic.
- When the onions turn red put the potato and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- One by one put salt, jeera-dhaniya powder and 3/4 cup of water. Cover it with lid and simmer. Cook the potatoes until they are soft. Chokha does not have curry so no water should be there.
- Put the amchur powder and mix it with the potatoes.
- Take the chokha out in a bowl.
- Put cilantro for decoration and serve.