Aloo Dhania Parathas
|Published||Sep 13, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Potatos||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Paratha was conceived in Punjab but now it’s become popular all over India and South Asia. A Paratha can be eaten simply with a blob of ghee, butter but tastes best with pickle, thick curd, chutneys or any curry or gravies.Aloo paratha is famous and well known as the Indian flat bread stuffed with spiced potatoes originating from the region of Northern India.
Recipe of Aloo Dhania Parathas
- Boil aloos and mash well.
- Grind together dhania leaves , green chillies and hing powder.
- Add this paste to the mashed potatoes and mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Knead the wheat flour with 2 tbsp oil, salt and water and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Take a sizeable portion of the dough and make a dent in the center as you would while making modaks.
- Take a portion of the aloo dhania mix shape it into balls and put it in the centre of the dough.
- Close it and roll out into parathas.
- Fry them on a tava and serve with butter on top and chilled dahi.
Posted Sep 13, 2007