September 21, 2007
1) Cut Hog Plums (Amla) into 2 halves. Remove the seeds. Mix a little salt and set aside overnight.
2) The next day dry plums with a clean dry cloth. Make a thin powder out of the dry fenugreek by mixing. And put it in a big bowl.
3) Add the same amount of red chilli powder, salt to taste, turmeric powder and a pinch of asafoetida. Put a little oil in a fry pan, add mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, two whole chillies. Prepare seasoning. Let it cool.
4) Cut jaggery into thin pieces, mix it well with the above ingredients. Take the hog plum pieces in a plate, add a little oil and mix them well. Then add masala prepared with jaggery and mix well. Store it in a airtight jar. Let the pickle settle for a day or two.
5) Put some oil in a pan and let it cool. Pour the oil on the hog plum pieces until they get immersed.