|Published||Sep 21, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Dipping/Pickles||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Lettuce||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Amla Pickle
|Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)||1||Teaspoons|
|Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)||100||Grams|
|Dry Fenugreek Powder||100||Grams|
|Hog Plums (Amla)||1000||Grams|
|Mustard Seed Powder||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Cooking Oil (as Required)|
1) Cut Hog Plums (Amla) into 2 halves. Remove the seeds. Mix a little salt and set aside overnight.
2) The next day dry plums with a clean dry cloth. Make a thin powder out of the dry fenugreek by mixing. And put it in a big bowl.
3) Add the same amount of red chilli powder, salt to taste, turmeric powder and a pinch of asafoetida. Put a little oil in a fry pan, add mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, two whole chillies. Prepare seasoning. Let it cool.
4) Cut jaggery into thin pieces, mix it well with the above ingredients. Take the hog plum pieces in a plate, add a little oil and mix them well. Then add masala prepared with jaggery and mix well. Store it in a airtight jar. Let the pickle settle for a day or two.
5) Put some oil in a pan and let it cool. Pour the oil on the hog plum pieces until they get immersed.