|Published||Aug 16, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Rice||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Arisa Pitha
|Good Quality Rice||1||Cup|
|Vegetable Oil Or Ghee||200||Grams|
- Boil 2 ltrs water in a wide mouth pan, add sugar,salt,cinnamon powder and 1 tbsp ghee
- Pour semolina slowly and stir continuously, cover the pan and reduce the flame
- Cook till it absorbs the water completely (to the consistency of chappati). Let it cool.
- Knead it properly to make a smooth dough.
- Heat a pan, add coconut and sugar, fry till the coconut turns golden brown.
- Make small balls of semolina dough, roll it and stuff it with the fried coconut.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
Posted Aug 16, 2007