1. Roast and grind togeather cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cumin .
2. Clean, wash and cut fish.
3. Grind togeather chillies, turmeric and part of the salt.
4. Smear fish with ground spices, shallow fry.
5. Chop coriander leaves. Grind togeather chilli powder , turmeric, roasted spices, musturd seeds and half the onions.
6. Slice remaining onions and garlic.
7. Heat oil, fry sliced onions and garlic , and ground spices and fry.
8. Add sliced tomatoes and fry gently till they are cooked.
9. Crush the tomatoes. Add well-beaten curds, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add fried fish. Coninue simmering for another 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.