1. Clean and slice fish. Gash slices.
2. Grind together salt and red chillies.
3. Smear over fish. Set aside for half an hour.
4. Heat oil in a shallow fry pan. Fry fish.
5. Peel and slice onions and ginger and slit green chillies.
6. Grate coconut and make threeextractions
7. In a pan sliced onion, ginger, curry leaves and green chilies. Add third exraction of coconut milk and salt to taste. Cook till onions are tender.
8. Add fried fish, second extraction of coconut milk and vinger.S immer.
9. When gravy is thick add first extraction of sliced onions, crushed cloves and mustard seeds. When seeds splutter pour over fish curry. Mix well.