Fried Ladies Fingers
|Published||Sep 7, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Ladies Fingers||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Fried Ladies Fingers
|Okra, Cut Into Slices||1||Lbs|
|Urad Dal (White Split)||1||Teaspoons|
- Place the cut okra in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate and cook on'high' uncovered for 4 minutes.
- If necessary cook the okra in two or three lots.
- No salt is to be added now.
- This will ensure that the okra is cooked, but without stickiness, and the bright green colour is maintained.
- Next, heat the 2 tsp oil in a kadai, and fry the mustard, urad dal and ajwain, add the cooked bhindi/ okra pieces, add turmeric, hing, salt, chilli powders and fry for a couple of minutes till the masalas are well absorbed.
- Your dry bhindi sabji is ready and looks green and appetising.
- It is a great favourite with our family.
- Note: If using bhindi from the cold storage, instead of microwaving the pieces, cook it for 10 minutes in the baking oven without salt, till it is dry, then follow the second step as above.
Posted Sep 7, 2007