Green Palak Paratha
|Published||Sep 13, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Spinach||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Green Palak Paratha
|Besan (Gram Flour)||2||Teaspoons|
|Spinach (Palak), Washed And Chopped Pack||1/2||Numbers|
|Red Chilli Powder||1||Teaspoons|
|Dhania-Jeera Powder (Cumin-Corriander Powder).||1||Teaspoons|
|Turmeric Powder, Hing Powder||To Taste|
- Mix the Spinach with Green Chillies and chopped Onion (Optional). Put them in the blender adding a very little bit of water, just to make sure that they mix well. Blend it till it forms a paste.
- Add Wheat Flour, Besan, Salt, Hing Powder, Turmeric Powder, Dhania-Jeera Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Seasom Seeds, Garlic Paste and heated oil to the above prepared Paste. Knead it by adding warm water (if required) and prepare a dough. By mixing Spinach in the form of Paste with the Flour imparts the lovely green color.
- Let the dough set for about an hour.
- Make 10 balls of the same size from it.
- Roll them into round Parathas (little thicker than chapati) with a rolling pin.
- Put these Parathas on the preheated pan and roast them by applying oil/butter on both sides.
Serve these 'Green Palak Parathas' with Red Tomato Chutney/ Pickle/ Curd.
Posted Sep 13, 2007