|Published||Apr 21, 2009||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Rice||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Idli is a south Indian savory cake popular throughout India. The cakes are usually two to three inches in diameter and are made by steaming a batter consisting of fermented black lentils (de-husked) and rice.
Recipe of Idli
|Urud Dal Wash||1||Cup|
|Idli Rava Cream Of Rice||2||Cup|
- Rinse and soak the above ingredients in water for about 6 hours.Then grind urad dal split in a blender (with adding water in steps).
- Add idli rave by squeezing out water. add salt and keep it aside (to ferment ) for 12 hours.
- Take idli plates and place a drop of oil in each idli mould and spread it over the entire mould.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a large vessel or pressure cooker and place the filled idli plates and cover with lid. Heat in high for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the plates from the vessel and remove the idlis. Pour 2 tsp of sesame oil while serving.
- Side dish - Sambar, dosai milagai powder, and coconut chutney.
Posted Apr 21, 2009