Vegetable cutlets are prepared combining of mixed vegetables and spices. It is one of the well-liked appetizers very healthy and nutritious. Vegetable cutlet is a comfort food and tasty when eaten hot accompanied with tomato sauce. It’s ultimate when eaten during rainy and winter seasons.
For children who do not eat vegetables as whole, Vegetable cutlet is the most excellent dish to tempt them for eating. A vegetable cutlet includes most of the vegetables like the potato, carrots, beans, peas etc. You can also add corns to have a healthier dish. Preparing the Vegetable cutlet is easy and simple. Boil the potatoes. Remove from water, peel the skin and grate them. Boil the remaining vegetables. When cooked remove water and allow it to dry. While making Vegetable cutlets remember that the cutlet mixture should be completely dry or else they would break when you deep fry the cutlets.
Take a pan add oil, cumin seeds saute and add cashewnuts, turmeric, ginger garlic paste and mix well, now add finely chopped coriander leaves, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and cook over a slow flame. Keep mixing, now add all boiled vegetables and cook till it becomes dry. Add the vegetable mixture to the mashed potatoes, add lime juice and mix well. Make small dumplings of any shape you like. The shape can be either oval or round.
Take maida mix in water & make a thick paste or you can use egg so that you can dip the cutlet into it and then dip in bread crumbs. Now heat oil and deep fry the cutlets till it becomes golden brown colour. If the vegetable-potato mixture looks moist, you can add some breadcrumbs to it. Vegetable cutlets can also be accompanied with dips like the Cilantro (Coriander/ Kotmir) chutney or the tamarind chutney. Normally at restaurants and bakery shops they are served with tomato sauce.
Recipe: Vegetable Cutlet
Summary: vegetable mashed and made into dumpling and fried
- all purpose flour – 2 – tbsp
- all vegetables ( boiled) – 1 – cup
- bread crums – 2 – tbsp
- cashwnuts – 6 to 7 – piece
- coriander leaves – 1 – cup
- cumin seeds – 1/2 – tsp
- ginger garlic paste – 1 - tsp
- lemon – 1 – number
- Oil – to fry
- potato – 500 – grams
- red chilli powder – 1 – tsp
- salt – as per taste
- turmuric – pinch – pinch
- Boil potatos remove the skin and grate the potatos into a bowl.
- Take a pan add oil, cumin seeds saute and add cashwnuts,turmuric,ginger garlic paste,mix well now add coirader chopped,coriader powder,chill powder cook in a very slow flame keep mixing, now add all boiled vegetables and cook till it becomes dry.
- Take a mashed potato bowl add this mixture to it, lime jucie mix well and make a small dumplings you can make it into any of shape.
- Take maida mix in water make a paste or you can use egg so that you can dip the cut let into it and then dip in bread crum.
- Now heat oil for fry deep fry the cutlets till it becomes golden brown colour.
Cooking time (duration): 25
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Recipe by Vahchef.
Those who are diet conscious can either pan fry the cutlets with little oil or bake them. These vegetable cutlets would be lot healthier than the deep fried ones and will be more aromatic and wonderful taste. Best to prepare it fresh to retain the crispness on the top, taste and aroma.
The vegetable cutlet can be eaten just like that or else you can also place the round cutlet in between a bun and make a nice vegetable burger. You just need to pan fry the burger with a little butter on both sides and put the cutlet in between the two halves of the bun and add more fillings and sauces. Wow! This is a complete healthy and nutritious meal. Do watch the video for making of Vegetable cutlets at: http://www.vahrehvah.com/Vegetable+Cutlet:3295