Jowar Methi Paratha
|Published||Sep 14, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Jowar Methi Paratha
|Bunch Of Methi Leaves||1||Small|
|Chilly Powder||To Taste|
|Ghee For Preparing Paratha||To Taste|
- Wash and finely chop the fenugreek leaves (methi leaves)
- Mix Jowar floor, wheat floor, chilli powder, salt, 1 tsp of oil and jeera well.
- Mix the chopped fenugeek leaves (methi) to the above mixture.
- Make a dough adding water to the mixture. Do not add more water to the mixture (like for Chapathi). Dough should be medium tough.
- Knead the dough properly until it becomes soft. (It should not become too soft, just soft)
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a round shape. (Use little wheatflour while rolling, if the dough sticks to the roller)
- Grease a tava with ghee and place the paratha over it, when done on one side turn on the other side and apply ghee again and fry properly till both sides turn golden coloured.
- Serve piping hot with a tbsp of Butter and a bowl of Curd.
Posted Sep 14, 2007