|Published||Sep 11, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Flour||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of KARANJI
|Oil (for Frying)||500||ml|
- In a mixing bowl combine the salt, flour and ghee. Rub in well. Gradually add water and knead to form a firm dough.
- Cover with wet cloth and set aside.
- Cook the coconut (use fresh or dried) sugar, milk, chopped almonds and raisins, cardamom powder, and poppy seeds(optional) till the milk evaorates.
- Divide the dough into 20-25 sections, roll them out into flat round pancakes.
- Place a spoon of stuffing at the centre and fold the pancake in half.
- Use a cutter to create the fluted crescent border and cut off excess dough.
- You can seal the edges by applying a little milk and pressing down hard.
- After all the karanjis are stuffed, fry them in very hot oil for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown, remove onto paper towels and allow to cool.
Posted Sep 11, 2007