|Published||Aug 21, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Khaman
|Tartaric (Nimbu Ka Phool)||18||Grams|
- Dissolve salt, tartaric and sugar in water to make a homogenous mixture.
- Sieve the soda into the besan and add it to the mixture. Beat well for a long time till the dough appears to rise.
- Put the steamer on the fire with water and heat the deep tray or thali on which the khaman is to be set.
- Pour the batter onto the tray and steam for 25 minutes at medium temperature.
- Cut into pieces.
- Prepare a dressing by taking hot oil and adding mustard seeds, sesame seeds, diced green chillies, sugar and salt. Pour onto the khaman and garnish with grated coconut.
- Serve hot.
Posted Aug 21, 2007