1. Clean and cut fish into 2.5 cm 1 slices or steaks.
2. Roast or dry heat red chillies, coriander and turmeric.
3. Powder fine and grind to a smooth paste with onions and garlic.
4. Soak cocum in a little water.
5. Chop ginger into fine pieces.
6. In a heavy bottemed stainless steel pan, first put in curry leaves and half the cocum broken into small pieces.
7. Mix togeather ground paste, fish and salt.
8. Arrange in the stainless steel pan with the remaining cocom pieces and chopped gimger.
9. Pour water to three fourth level of fish.
10. Bring to boil on a quick fire and simmer till fish is tender.
11. Pour fresh coconut oil over and remove from fire.
12. Cool and cover. This can be kept for 2 days. If kept for longer period, reheat with a little period, reheat with a little water and a pinch of salt each day.