MASALA SEV RECIPE
|Published||Aug 22, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Other||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of MASALA SEV RECIPE
|Sifted Chickpea Flour (Besan)||2 1/2||Cup|
|Ghee / Oil||To Fry|
|Vegetable Oil (Vanaspati)||1||Tablespoons|
|Turmeric Powder (Haldi)||1/2||Teaspoons|
- Mix the flour, salt, cayenne & turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add 1tbsp oil & lemon juice to the water.
- Pour it in the flour and mix into a thick paste, adding extra flour as necessary so that the mixture is not sticky.
- It should be mashed potatoes texture.
- Fill the seviya machine with a portion of it.
- Heat the oil / ghee in a kadhai / deep-frying pan over moderate heat.
- Holding the utensil over the hot oil, force the mixture through the holes by turning the handle.
- As soon as noodles fall, slowly move the machine in a circular motion so that they do not stick together.
- Fry both sides until crisp and lightly browned.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Fry the remaining paste in the same manner.
- Cool and break into uniform pieces.
- Keep in an air tight container for 2 weeks.
Posted Aug 22, 2007