Traditional Maharastrian tangy shrimp curry that originated along the Western coast, where fresh seafood is found in abundance.
1. Add the prawns in a mixing bowl and add a paste made with green chillies, coriander, ginger and garlic. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt to taste and mix well and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in pan and when the oil gets hot enough, add curry leaves, 2 tbsp tomato puree and stir well. Add prawns and sauté well.
3. Add cup water and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, add a cup of tamarind paste and mix. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Once the sauce is done and the prawns are cooked, add 1 tbsp of freshly grated coconut, mix and switch off the flame immediately.
5. Finish it off with chopped coriander leaves.