A delicious, nutritious recipe consists of black chickpeas as the basis for a soup broth cooked along with few spices.
1. Soak the black kala overnight, pressure cook the channa the next day with little salt. Use this water for making this soup. Take little channa and grind to a paste and mix it well with the channa water and keep aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, crushed garlic, green chillies and sauté well till the garlic are slightly browned.
3. Add pinch of hing, turmeric powder, jeera powder, pepper powder and sauté all the spices until flavourful.
4. Add salt to taste and the water of black chickpeas and allow it to boil.
5. After it comes to a full boil, the soup is ready.