Kamang Kakdi is an excellent cooling and refreshing cucumber salad made with cucumber, peanuts powder, fresh coconut and spiced with little green chillies. Kakdi is a marathi name for Cucumber
1. Peel the skin and cut cucumber into small pieces, rub little salt, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes. All the moisture in the cucumber would come out.
2. Squeeze the cucumber and strain off the moisture.
3. Heat little ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, as they start spluttering, add pinch of hing (asafoetida), crushed green chillies and sauté. Switch off the flame.
4. Add in the cucumber pieces and stir well.
5. Add pinch of sugar, peanut powder, grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Cucumber salad is ready to be served.