This fodni mirchi which is actually tempered green chillies originates from Maharashtra cuisine, and acts as a delightful accompaniment to curry, rice, chapatti, bhakri.
1. Add oil into pan or wok, once oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
2. Once mustards seeds start to crackle, add turmeric and hing.
3. Continuously stir in order to avoid burning these spices, then add salt and black salt.
4. Shortly after, add broken mustard (generally used in pickles) and sauté. Add all the green chillies, sauté, cover and cook until the skin of chillies becomes soft.
5. Sprinkle the lemon juice in the pan, and toss one final time.