|Published||Sep 13, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Potatos||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Potato Pancakes
|Vegetable Oil||To Fry|
- Take potatoes and onion and grate them.
- Take a strainer and squeeze the juice of grated potatoes and onion.
- Take a large size bowl and put egg, salt, pepper, flour and baking powder in it. Also add potatoes and onions and mix them well.
- Take a deep heavy pan and heat some oil.
- Pour two tablespoons of potato mixture into the skillet for each pancake. Level with back of spoon so that each pancake is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter.
- Fry the pancakes over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or till they turn golden brown. Turn the side carefully using 2 spatulas, so that oil doesn’t splash.
- Drain them on paper towels.
- Before frying the next portion, stir the potato mixture well. If you feel that the entire oil has got absorbed, then pour some more oil into the pan.
- Serve these pancakes hot with applesauce, or sour cream, or sugar.
Posted Sep 13, 2007