|Published||August 20, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Main Ingredient||Pork||Preparation Time||mins|
|Prawn Biryani is a traditional Indian dish prepared by layering spices, shrimp/ prawn, aromatic rice and cooked until done. Prawn shrimp Biryani.|
Recipe of Prawn Biryani recipe
|Fresh grated coconut||1||Tablespoons|
|Whole garam masala||1||Teaspoons|
1. Pick, wash and soak rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Shell, Devein and wash the prawns.
3. Heat Ghee or oil in a thick-bottomed pan. Add bay leaves and Whole Garam Masala Let it crackle. Add sliced onion, sauteacute; till the onion turns pink.
4. Add water, turmeric powder, lemon juice and green chillies slit into two. Bring it to boil and add rice. Cook for a minute and add prawns and coconut milk. Season with salt. Stir lightly.
5. Stir till rice absorbs all the water and then cover it with a lid and cook it on a slow fire till rice and prawns are fully cooked.