Roomali Roti home made
|Published||Mar 25, 2009||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Breads||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Flour||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Roomali roti is a traditional very thin flat bread popular from the Mughlai cuisine.The bread is usually made with a combination of whole and white wheat flours (atta and maida respectively) and best cooked on a tandoor.
Recipe of Roomali Roti home made
|Water To Knead||1||To Taste|
|Oil Or Dalda Ghee||2||Tablespoons|
|Wheat Flour (Atta)||1||Cup|
- Mix wheat flour, maida, salt and mix them together.
- add water make a smooth & elastic dough and set aside covered with moist muslin cloth for 1/2 an hour.
- Now make 2 small balls of the dough andapply fat and rice flour on one side and put them together with the fat side facing each otherc roll like a thin chapati of about 12" diameter circle using little dry flour (it should be thin as a tissue)
- super Heat the flat tava
- Place the rumali roti carefully over it and cook till they puff up and yopu will be able to seperate the two layers Fold it like a handkerchief.
- Serve rumali roti hot with indian curry.
Posted Mar 25, 2009