Saadi Baati (Dumplings)
|Published||Sep 27, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Flour||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Saadi Baati (Dumplings)
|Ghee (as Per Requirement)|
- Mix salt, 6 tbsp. ghee, flour and semolina and knead into stiff dough with a little water. Cover with a wet cloth and set aside for half an hour.
- Break the dough into about 10 pieces. Flatten the dough and press the centre with your thumb.
- Place the baati in half litre of boiling water for 10 minutes and lift out onto paper towels.
- Roast the baati in an oven (grill) until golden brown.
- Dip each baati in hot ghee and serve with dal, churma, gatta curry and garlic chutney for a real Rajasthani feast.
Posted Sep 27, 2007