|Published||Aug 28, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Onions||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Spicy Onions
|Red Pepper Powder||4||Tablespoons|
To Make Coconut Milk: Put the grated coconut and warm water into a mixing bowl and let it to sit for 20 minutes. Pour the water into a small bowl and squeeze as much liquid from the coconut as you can. You can throw away the used coconut, or put in your hat.1) While the coconut sits in the water you can prepare the potatoes. First wash them and then peel them.
2)Next cut them into cubes about 1 inch square, until you have 1 1/2 cupfuls. Put them in a saucepan and pour in cold water to about 2 inches above the potatoes.
3) Add 1 teaspoon of salt and let the potatoes boil in medium heat for 10 minutes.
4) Take the potatoes out of the water with the long-handled fork and put them in a sieve.
5) Pour out the water from the pan and put the potatoes back into the pan.
6) Mash the potatoes until they're smooth and not lumpy.
7) Beat 1 egg lightly with a fork in a mixing bowl.
8) Stir in the mashed potatoes with the egg and add half of the flour. Add the last egg and mix well. Then add the rest of the flour,then the coconut milk,then a pinch of salt and the sugar, and mix.
9) Put the butter into a frying pan and place it over medium heat. Wait till the butter melts.
10) Spoon the batter 1 teaspoon at a time onto the frying pan. Only make 4 cakes at a time. When the cakes are brown on one side, turn them over and wait till that side it brown. Repeat this step until the batter is all used up. If you want to make some pancakes today and the rest another day, store the batter in a tightly covered glass jar in the refrigerator.
11) You should eat the pancakes while they're still hot. Serve them with butter or margarine and brown sugar if you like.
This recipe makes around 2 1/2 dozen pan