|Published||Aug 10, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||30 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Flour||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Strawberry Pie
|Flour - All-purpose||1/4||Cup|
|Strawberries - Washed & Hulled||4||Cup|
|Pastry For Single Crust Pie||To Taste|
|Whipped Cream For Decoration||To Taste|
- Combine sugar with flour and salt.
- Toss lightly with the strawberries.
- Fill the baking dish with the fruit mixture and dot with butter.
- Top with the pastry which has been rolled out on pastry cloth to size 1"larger all around than top of baking dish.
- Fold edges of pastry under and press firmly to rim of dish.
- Flute edges and cut gashes in pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Serve slightly warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Posted Aug 10, 2007