February 06, 2008
1. First take the chana dal and boil it with enough water.the chana dal should be cooked but not mashy.
2. Put the oil in the pan and once heated add whole red chillies and mustard seeds.when the seeds crackle addcumin seeds.then add the crushed garlic and saute for few seconds,then add the onions and little salt.3. when the onions are slightly cooked add the hing and turmeric.add the curry leaves.
4. Then add the tomatoes,red chillie powder,coriander powder mix it and add the tindoras to it.add some water and salt to it.5. Cover the pan and let it cook till the tomatoes and tindoras are cookes for @ 15 mins.
6. When cooked add the cooked chana dal with its water.add pinch of fennel powder and the garam masala.add the butter and let it cook for another 10 to 15 mins till everything is cooked and mixed well.
7. The dal should not be too thin or too thick but of saucy consistency.
8. When cooked check seasonings and garnish it with coriander.