UPVAS BATATA KACHORI
|Published||Sep 2, 2012||Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Potatos||Standing Time||25 Minutes|
Description: This Batata kachori or vada is savory tea time snack. It can be served as an appetizer or accompanied with the full meals. Its a nice alternative for people who keep weekly fast upavas or vraths (just substitute maida with arrowroot powder).In this recipe, mixture of boiled potato and maida is used to make the cover. Coconut and seasoning has been used to make stuffing. Its a quick and easy recipe.
Recipe of UPVAS BATATA KACHORI
|Potatoes, Boiled And Grated||2||Cup|
|Roasted Peanut Powder||1||Tablespoons|
|Black Salt (kali Namak)||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Salt To Taste|
|Green Chillies, Crushed||1||Teaspoons|
|Ghee/ Clarified Butter||2||Tablespoons|
|Oil For Deep Frying|
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in a pan, add when the oil is hot enough add cumin seeds, crushed green chillies, ground coconut, salt and little black salt. Cook this for few minutes.
- Add roasted peanut powder, sugar and mix well. Keep aside and cool this mixture.
- Take 2 cups boiled, grated potatoes, add 1 tsp hot ghee, salt for seasoning, and cornflour. Mix of these ingredients and form into dough. Make lemon sized balls and keep aside.
- Take a dumpling of dough and slightly dusting some flour in your palm and finger, flatten the dough and stuff some peanut and coconut mixture and cover it well with the potato mixture evenly on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan on low to medium heat and when it gets hot, drop the dumpling and fry on medium heat until golden brown.
This Batata kachori or vada is savory tea time snack. It can be served as an appetizer or accompanied with the full meals. It’s a nice alternative for people who keep weekly fast upavas or vraths.
Posted Sep 2, 2012