- Cut the carrots lengthwise into four, or six . Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes similarly. They should match the size of the carrot pieces.
- In a bowl, add carrot, potatoes, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder. Toss well. Transfer to a clean dry bowl, Keep in the sun for 4 days.
- Heat vinegar in a pan until it gets warm. Add in the jaggery and stir. Heat until the vinegar is very hot and the jaggery has melted. Cool to room temperature. Add sunned vegetables.
- Transfer to a clean dry pickle jar, close lid tightly. Marinate in a warm dark place for 6 days.
- After 6 days mix well with a spoon.
Serve this dekicious pickle with roti or rice.