You could eat the Aloo ke sikke as it is or serve with biryani, pulao or as side-dish with hot rice. Potato is a common and popular food used in preparing a variety of dishes all over the world. They are valued because they combine the characteristics of starchy foods with those of vegetables. A piping hot boiled potato homemade soup is one of the refreshing and comforting dishes that one will love to eat. Kids love eating fried potatoes especially junk foods like French fries and chips or crispy potato wedges.
Recipe: Aloo Ke Sikka
- Potatoes, boiled & sliced - 250 gms
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies, chopped - 2-3 nos
- Ginger, chopped - ¼ tsp
- Garlic, chopped - ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped - ½ bunch
- Turmeric powder - pinch
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Chaat masala - ½ tsp
- Lime juice - 1 no
- Boil the potatoes, slice and keep them aside. (Do not over boil the potatoes).
- Heat a tawa, add little oil and shallow fry the boiled potatoes on both sides until slightly browned and crisp. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add chopped green chillies, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, butter and sauté all ingredients well.
- Add chilli powder, salt, chaat masala, lime juice and mix well.
- Add in the fried potatoes and toss well so that the spices get coated well around the potatoes.
- Plate them and serve with biryani, pulao or side-dish with rice.
Nuggets made with potatoes or Fried potatoes are one of the most preferred dishes especially during parties, get-togethers or any special celebrations. Potatoes blend and bind well with other vegetarian and non-vegetarian ingredients and its versatility is the highlight. Potatoes are a source of fibre, which contributes to the feeling of fullness, and supports healthy digestive functions.
The main energy-providing nutrient in potatoes is carbohydrate, in the form of starch. Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for the body and the advantage of getting carbohydrates from potatoes is that you will be getting a considerable amount of certain micronutrients as well. Do try this fantastic and alluring dish – Aloo ke Sikka which literally means potato coins. Golden, spicy, chatpata and crispy aloo ke sikka is truly yum and absolutely appetizing. Potato cooked in any form can be eaten on its own or with rice, roti, chapatti, phulkas or naan. Do try this recipe and delight your palate with different variations of potato recipes.
To try more potato dishes, do click on:
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links: My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!