Baingan Bharta Recipe 1, How To Make Baingan Bharta Recipe
How to makeBaingan bharta?How to cookBaingan bharta?Learn the recipeBaingan bhartaby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Baingan bharta1
0 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time mins
Total time mins
Author : asini85
Main Ingredient : egg plant
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : August 23, 2007
Ingredients used in Baingan bharta
• eggplant 1 Big.
• onions 2 Numbers.
• tomato 1 Small.
• green chilies 4-5 Numbers.
• garlic cloves 4 Small.
• ginger 1 Piece.
• garam masala powder 1 Teaspoons.
• coriander leaves To Taste.
• salt To Taste.
• oil 1 Tablespoons.
• mustard seeds, 2 Teaspoons.
• turmeric powdr 1 Teaspoons.
• asafoetida 1/2 Teaspoons.
How to make the recipe:
1. Rub some oil to the surface of the eggplant and roast eggplant over direct flame flipping the sides a couple of times for even roasting. Roasting can be done in a conventional oven or a toaster oven at 475deg.F for around 45 minutes.(Do not use microwave).
2. After half an hour, or when the skin of eggplant loosens up from the inner flesh, insert a knife and check if the inner portion of eggplant has turned soft. Remove eggplant from the fire.
3. Peel the skin off and take only the inner flesh of the eggplant. Scoop out black seeds, if any. Mash it with a spatula or grind coarsely in a chopper / grinder.
4. Chop chilies, onions and tomatoes. Crush garlic cloves. Also grate ginger.
5. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is enough hot, add mustard seeds. As they splutter, add asafoetida and turmeric powder. Add chilies, onions and fry till onions are translucent. Add tomatoes and again fry till the oil separates from the mixture. Now add mashed eggplant and give it a good stir.
6. Add garam masala powder and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve with bhakri or any Indian bread.