1. Heat oil in a kadhai, add cloves, dalchini and bay leaves. fry for 3 mts till the flavour comes out.
2. Add green chillies, curry leaves and onions, fry on low flame till soft.
3. Add potatoes, cover and cook them on low flame for about 7-10 mts stirring in between till the potatoes turn soft.
4. Add turmeric, chilliepowder, salt to taste. Mix well, cover and cook for another 3 mts in low flame.
5. Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil. Cover the kadhai with a lid and allow the potatoes to cook on low flame till thick gravy is formed.
6. Add chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or chapathis.