Beans Rice Recipe 1, How To Make Beans Rice Recipe
How to makeBeans rice?How to cookBeans rice?Learn the recipeBeans riceby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Beans rice1
0 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time mins
Total time mins
Author : asini85
Main Ingredient : Beans
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : August 24, 2007
Ingredients used in Beans rice
• (basmati) rice 1 1/2 Cup.
• field beans 1/2 Cup.
• Maharashtrian black masala To Taste.
• shredded dry coconut 1 Tablespoons.
• cumin seeds 2 Teaspoons.
• green chilies 4 Numbers.
• curry leaves 6-7 Numbers.
• jaggery or sugar 1 Teaspoons.
• salt To Taste.
• fresh grated coconut To Taste.
• coriander leaves/cilantro To Taste.
• oil 1 Tablespoons.
How to make the recipe:
1. Wash and soak the beans overnight in plenty of water. Next morning, drain all the water and rinse beans until the water runs clear. Tie the beans in a muslin cloth or place them in a strainer. Keep them in a warm place for 24 hours or till they sprout.
2. Now soak the sprouted beans in lukewarm water for an hour so that their skins can come out easily. The best method to remove their skins is to press each one between thumb and index finger and pull the skin off.
3. Once they are peeled, wash and keep them aside.
4. Wash and drain the rice. Set aside for 1/2 an hour. Meanwhile bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
5. In a skillet, toast dry coconut and cumin seeds lightly and grind them into a fine powder. Chop chilies and coriander leaves.
6. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add asafoetida, turmeric powder, curry leaves and chilies.
7. Add beans and fry them for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and again fry for sometime. Then add boiling water to it.
8. When the water is half soaked in the rice, add black masala, ground powder, salt, jaggery. Stir it gently taking care not to break the rice grains or the beans. Lastly add ghee and mix.