1. Take a Pan, Add a Spoon full of oil
2. Once oil got heated, Add Chana Dal, Ural Dal, Coriander Seeds, Red Chillies and fry them till the color changes to light brown color.
3. Turn off the flame and Cool it and grind in a mixer to a fine powder.
4. Now, take a pan add 2 spoons of oil.
5. Once oil got heated, add Mustard seeds, Jeera and Curry Leaves.
6. After mustard seeds splutter, add the Ridge guard (Beerkaya) pieces, turmeric, Salt and close with a lid.
7. Once ridge guard gets cooked, add the powder that was grinded (in step3)
8. Close it with a lid for 5mins and then garnish with Coriander leaves.
9. Turn off the stove after 2mins.