1. Soak black eyed beans and rice for 6-8 hours.
2. Then grind them together until a smooth batter is formed.
3. After batter is formed add salt to taste.
4. You can use the batter immediately or store it overnight.
5. Chop the required amounts of green chillies and onions; grate the required amounts of carrot and ginger.
6. Place a tawa or dosa pan on the stove, allow it to heat and place batter on the pan and rotate in circular motion until you get a thin dosa.
7. Heat the dosa on both the sides and add the required amount of onions, ginger, cumin seeds, carrot and chillies to your taste.
8. You can serve it with groundnut or cocunut chutney or with some other pickle.
9. This recipe makes approximately 8-10 dosas.