Bottle Gourd Yakhni Recipe 1, How To Make Bottle Gourd Yakhni Recipe
How to makeBottle Gourd Yakhni ?How to cookBottle Gourd Yakhni ?Learn the recipeBottle Gourd Yakhni by vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Bottle Gourd Yakhni 1
0 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time mins
Total time mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Bottle Gourd
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : September 17, 2007
Ingredients used in Bottle Gourd Yakhni
• Bottle Gourd (Lawki) 500 Grams.
• Whole Red Chillies 2 Numbers.
• Cloves (Loungs) 4 Numbers.
• Cumin Seeds (Zeera) 2 Teaspoons.
• Asafoetida (Heeng) 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Dry Ginger Powder (Adrak Powder) 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Aniseed Powder (Pisi Sounf) 1 Teaspoons.
• Garam Masala Powder 1 Teaspoons.
• Salt To Taste.
• Plain Yogurt 2 Cup.
• Water 2 Cup.
• Cooking Oil 2 Tablespoons.
• Cooking Oil To Fry.
How to make the recipe:
1) Pat dry the bottle gourd slices with a paper towel. Heat the oil for deep frying in a pan and fry the bottle gourd slices until they are slightly browned. Drain the oil and set aside.
2) Heat oil in another pan until it is very hot. Add the cloves, asafoetida and cumin seeds. Fry on medium heat for about 2 minute(s) or until the cumin seeds are a shade darker.
3) Add the deep fried bottle gourd slices, aniseed powder, dry ginger powder, whole red chillies, salt and water. Bring it to a boil on high flame. Reduce the flame and keep it on medium to low heat for about 5 minutes or until the bottle gourds are tender.
4) Now, mix in the beaten plain yogurt and stir it slowly until it has fully blended in with the curry. Let it boil on low heat for about 5 minutes. Mix in the garam masala powder and take off heat.