Cheese Corn and Spinach Pillows are extremely soft, cheesy, garlicky flavoured wraps that are absolutely yum to taste with a crunchy feel on the outside, gooey and creamy inside. An awesome creative snack to delight your kids to eat! These cutie little pillows are attractive innovative and highly nutritious snacks stuffed combined with succulent sweet corn kernels and nourishing spinach bound with cheese, spiced with freshly crushed black pepper and flavoured with nutmeg powder to give a pleasant zest to the pillows. The stuffing is firmly batter coated having mildly spiced with few chilli flakes and basil, giving an awesome savour, coated with bread crumbs and air fried until crisp and golden in colour.
The healthy and wholesome Cheese corn and spinach pillows feature a perfect blend of the crispy outer casing, moist and juicy inside, overall giving a satisfying and luscious feel in the palate. These alluring and spicy cute little pillows are indeed a great starter for any grand party, event etc especially with kids around waiting to grab them. Spinach and corn is one of the best combo, versatile ingredients that are often used in making a variety of dishes like soups, casseroles, salads etc.
Both are extremely nutritious foods that are power packed with high health benefits. Spinach is a very popular green leafy vegetable that kids too would easily remember and relate with their famous cartoon ‘Popeye the Sailor’, known for his obsession for spinach. Spinach is commonly known as palak (Hindi) in most parts of India. Fresh spinach retains the delicacy of texture and green color that is lost when spinach is processed. Sweet corn is a starchy vegetable that doubles as a functional food.
Starchy means it is high in carbohydrate content. When it comes to the diet, sweet corn works well as a side dish, or an ingredient in soups, salads or casseroles. By combining it with other foods, you can boost the nutrient content even more. Sweet corn is a complete package of taste, richness of nutrients and anytime snacks. It is preferred by people of all age groups as it comes with handful of multi nutritional value.
Recipe of Cheese Corn and Spinach Pillows:
For the stuffing:
Sweet Corn - 1/2 cup
Spinach, boiled & chopped - 2 tbsp
Garlic, finely chopped - ½ tsp
Cheese (mozzarella) - 2 tbsp
Onion, chopped - 1 no
Cheese, grated - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Bread crumb - 1 tbsp
Black pepper, freshly crushed - ½ tsp
Nutmeg powder - pinch
For the outer casing:
All-purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking pd - pinch
Salt - to taste
Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Basil or oregano - ¼ tsp
Buttermilk - 1 glass
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients for stuffing, mix well and keep aside.
- For making the pillow casing: In a bowl, drop in the flour, little baking powder, pinch of salt, chilli flakes, basil or oregano and mix.
- Add little by little buttermilk and knead into soft dough.
- Rest the dough for a while. Dust some flour on the table, take some dough and roll into a thin sheet.
- Trim the edges and cut them into squares.
- Fill in the stuffing on one side of the square.
- Brush little water on the edges of the square, fold and seal the pillows.
- In a bowl, make a thin mixture of flour and water and keep aside.
- Dip the pillow, remove and coat with bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer at 180 degree C for 3 minutes.
- Place the pillows in the tray and fry them for 4 mins.
- After few minutes, open the tray and brush them with little oil on both sides and re-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
Cheese corn and spinach pillow is incredibly a healthy snack, very easy to prepare and tastes absolutely great. A brilliant and innovative recipe, well designed to cook in the air fryer which gives a luscious zest to the corns infusing all its lovely flavours around along with spinach, cheese and other spices, intact to burst out its essence on eating. This snack possesses all health benefits which makes them to be a guilt-free, sinless indulgence.
You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and enticing snack recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!